In this book, Yossi Sheffi presents a mathematical and theoretical subject in a unified and simple approach. The author emphasizes engineering applications; the mathematical statements are motivated and demonstrated rather than rigorously proved. Detailed algorithm descriptions and flow charts are included.
Among its features, the book:
- offers material that is up to date and accessible
- covers the area of traffic assignment models
- includes deterministic models of user equilibrium and models of stochastic equilibrium
- contains models of equilibrium with elastic demand, distribution.assignment models, and models that combine trip generation, modal split, trip distribution, and traffic assignment
- provides all the necessary mathematical background so you need only college-level calculus and introductory concepts in probability and computer programming
- presents methods for obtaining the necessary inputs to the analysis of urban transportation networks